Sunday, January 9, 2011

Homework Helper.

one.frame.a.day.
Day 9



one.frame.a.day. DAY 9


This afternoon Natalie was asking me for help with her homework. Spencer surprised me by sitting down across the table from her and said, "I know exactly what you are doing, let me help you." I was very happy to see him volunteering to help his sister in such a way. It put a smile on my face to see the two of them sitting at the table coming up with words for her poem she had to do.

Spencer's poem he helped Natalie with................
snow
wet, annoying
chilling,freezing, falling
cold, white, slick, clear
slipping, falling, yelling
cold, annoying
ice

The poem with Natalie's corrections.................

 snow
white, lovely
sledding, slipping, sliding
cold, slippery, clear, beautiful
falling, flying, twirling
fleeting, melting
snow

 Can you tell which of the two of my children loves the snow and which one does not? 

I have to be honest though. Spencer put a few words in the poem such as "annoying, falling, yelling". I asked him how it fit in to the poem and he said, "Well don't you remember falling down the porch steps that were covered in snow and yelling and crying?" and then he laughed. Natalie didn't like a few of the words he had chosen so we changed them, just a few. Then she looked at Spencer and asked him if he was sure that he knew what he was doing. He then went to the hallway, pulled his language certificate off the wall and showed it to Natalie and said, "Yes Natalie, I wouldn't have gotten this if I didn't know what I was doing".

Natalie loves winter,  loves the snow....Spencer does not.

Thank you very much Spencer for helping your sister with her homework today. I really appreciated the extra help today. Love you bud....mom

No comments:

Post a Comment