Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life As We Know It.

We had quite a few plans for the weekend. Jerome has military in Williamsburg and the kids and I stayed busy yesterday. Our girls had their first winter dance and Spencer stayed over at a friend's house last night. Katie ended up staying with Sydney, one of her best friends.....so that left just Natalie and I for the rest of the evening. I was going to surprise her and take her to a movie, Gnomeo and Juliet, but by the time the dance was over we had missed at least the first 30 minutes of the movie. So we went to Target and bought a movie I had been dying to see, and Natalie was wanting to see it too. Then we went to Chili's and met my friend April and her daughter Cheyanne (they made it in time for the Gnomeo and Juliet movie). We had dinner and then Natalie and I went home, took our showers and put our pajamas on and snuggled up and watched a movie together.
It was a great movie, we laughed a lot and cried in a few parts. After the movie we went to bed. Jerome was gone so  she climbed in bed with me. We talked a little bit and then fell asleep.
I don't know if it was Chili's or a wonderful stomach bug but I was up at 3a.m. sick. I finally managed to go back to sleep and slept in this morning.
When I woke up I laid in bed thinking about that movie. I loved the movie but I LOVED the house in the movie. It gave me a few ideas for our kitchen that I have never finished. I only started on it two years ago. It has been at stand still. I still have about 6 cabinets to finish painting, the floor needs caulked and something for the windows. There is nothing on the windows right now and it creeps me out at night, especially last night since Jerome wasn't here. Life is busy all the time and just finding the time to squeeze in painting cabinet doors is last on my list. So I am making it a priority to finish our kitchen this month....well, at least by Jerome's birthday. I plan on having a surprise for him the next time he goes away on military, and I just want to finish this project first. Here are a few scenes from the movie.........

 {you can see the kitchen in the background of this picture}


{Natalie thought he was pretty cute, I had to agree with her}


{We laughed so much on this part and the Wiggles part}


We loved this movie and I am sure we will watch it again.


I loved the movie and the house.
It was just what I needed to get a little inspiration and motivation to finish our kitchen.
{and yes, I am keeping up with the one.frame.a.day project but I just haven't had a chance to post it here}

Tonight Spencer and I are watching a movie, Red....it is suppose to be funny. Nothing like spending a weekend in with the stomach bug and watching movies. I guess Jerome picked a good weekend to be gone on military......he won't have to worry about catching it from me. Natalie is staying at Grammie's house and Katie is staying at Sydney's another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment